1. 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium high heat to warm. Meanwhile, bring 10 cups of water to a boil
2. Add the onion, jalapeno, and saute for 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently
3. Add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Stir intermittently.
4. Add the broth, tomatoes and juice, black beans, chicken (cut into small pieces), corn, lime juice, spices, and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil gently for until chicken is cooked all the way through (~20 minutes)
5. Cook minute rice until soft. Add to soup after it is finished cooking
6. Add the cilantro and boil 1 minute