1. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the sliced onion in the olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook until golden (be careful: garlic burns easily and is quite bitter if burned, so keep heat low).
2. Add the broth: chicken broth or vegetable broth, and possibly an optional cup of white wine or water or broth (if desired, add up to 1 more cup of broth, to make it a bit soupy)
3. Stir in the artichoke hearts, drained chopped/diced tomatoes, and drained capers.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste- capers are very salty so go easy on salt.
5. Serve over cooked rice, quinoa, zucchini spirals, or your favorite pasta as a main dish or use as a vegetable compliment.
- OPTIONAL Chicken or shrimp can be added for non vegans.
- Do not use cheese if vegans.
- Can add other veggies too.
- Can use rice, zucchini noodles, gluten free pasta, or quinoa for gluten free option.