Ingredients: Garlic, Tortilla chips, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Onion, Taco Seasoning, Salsa, Rice, Bell Peppers, Tortillas, Refried Beans, Ground Beef
1. Begin cooking rice. When cooking rice remember 2/1 ratio of water-to-rice. Rice, when not minute rice (which takes 15 minutes) - can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to cook depending on quantity. Therefore, starting your rice first thing is important!
2. After rice has been cooking for ~ 20 minutes, begin cooking ground beef. Break apart in pan using spatula and cook until brown.
3. While beef is browning chop garlic, onions, and bell peppers. Garlic should be finely chopped and onion and bell peppers should be sliced long-ways.
4. Once beef is brown, mix in taco seasonings. Following instructions on the bag- typically adding water and spice mix. If after using your taco seasoning pack, your beef does not smell aromatic enough feel free to add cumin, chili powder, and garlic salt to taste.
5. In a separate pan begin sautéing your veggies – i.e. garlic, onion, and bell peppers- in butter or oil depending on dietary restrictions present. Season veggies to taste using cumin, chili powder, & garlic salt.
6. Heat up your refried beans in a separate pot. If these are refried bean flakes mix 5 parts been flakes to 5 parts water. If it is a can just pour the can into a pot and –stirring occasionally—heat up on medium heat until warm.
7. Start plating your food for serving: you should have meat, sautéed veggies, refried beans, chips, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and tortillas ready for everyone to eat. Once your rice is ready, build your burrito and enjoy!
**If you are cooking in the winter and have access to a microwave, you can heat up your tortillas by placing a wet paper towel on top of 5 tortillas and heating for 10 seconds. **