Check label of Pad Thai Sauce - for shellfish, gluten, etc.
1. COOK NOODLES: Cook noodles according to package instructions (or place rice noodles in a shallow bowl or baking dish and boil enough water to cover them. Cover with boiling water for 7- 8 minutes, until tender, then drain. They don’t have to be totally soft, just bendy and pliable)
2. Meanwhile - Chop garlic and ginger and set aside.
3. Get fake Chicken, pre-sliced, or slice chicken into very thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Sear the seasoned protein, broccoli, carrots, with hot oil until cooked through over medium-high heat. Set aside, on top of a paper towel, wipe out the pan. Turn heat off.
4. STIR FRY the PAD THAI: Gather your chopped garlic, cooked noodles, cooked protein and Pad Thai sauce around the stove.
5. Heat peanut oil in the pan over medium heat, add garlic-ginger and stir, cooking just a few minutes until golden and fragrant.
6. Add the drained, semi-soft noodles and toss constantly for 3-4 minutes until noodles become soft and pliable.
7. Add the Pad Thai Sauce and cook 1 minute. Add protein and turn and toss the noodles for a few more minutes. Cook until the noodles are soft (but still a little chewy) adding just a little water if it seems too dry.
8. Toss in the bean sprouts and roasted peanuts (or serve on the side) and sprinkle with chili flakes. Squeeze with a little lime juice. Taste. Adjust salt, lime and sweetness to your liking.
9. Garnish with more bean sprouts, cilantro, lime wedges and roasted crushed peanuts.