Car Camping Instructions (This recipe is for 12 people, adjust as necessary. Rice: water ratio is ):
1. Measure 6 cups water and bring to a boil ("Instant" or minute rice is 1:1 ratio. Standard, non-parboiled, white or brown rice is 2:1 water to rice.)
2. Reduce heat, add 6 cups rice, simmer covered for 5-10 minutes until rice is al dente (still firm in middle - not crunchy). Set aside.
3. Add pre-browned Ground Beef to skillet and heat until fully hot. (If not pre-browned and seasoned add salt, pepper, and seasoning to taste)
4. While boiling rice cut cheese into small cubes, chop onion and garlic, Julianne carrots into small sticks (smaller pieces cook faster!), and chop lettuce into small pieces.
5. Add ~4 tablespoons oil, saute onions and carrot in frypan, once onions are translucent add garlic, saute for another few minutes.
6. Open and drain beans, then add ~5 (three 15 oz cans) cups of pinto (or black) beans to sauteed veggies - add a few tablespoons of water if beans become too thick.
7. Add salt & pepper to taste.
8. Serve by assembling burritos with rice/ beans, beef, cheese, and lettuce. Alternately serve into tortilla-lined bowl.
8. Add salsa or hot sauce to taste if available
Pro Tip: Carefully roll burritos and fold under end, then snug assembled burritos into lightly greased (butter or oil) frypan (3 should fit). Toast burrito for 2-3 minutes then carefully flip, add cheese slices to top of burrito. Add ~2 tablespoons of water to side of frypan and quickly put lid back on to allow steam to melt cheese. Serve hot!